- Local News
City Council approves church remodel
A request by Redeemed Christian Church of God Kingdom Chapel to remodel a facility at 307 E. Danforth for a church was approved recently by the City Council.
“The church wants to rent a 2,302-square-foot space in the office building on the north side of Danforth, east of the convenience store, south of the Timber Ridge Addition,” said Bob Schiermeyer, city planner. “There will be no new construction other than interior remodeling to accommodate the church.
The church does not request changes to the one driveway or sidewalk of the property, Schiermeyer said. No changes will be made to the outside of the two-story brick veneer building. A sprinkler system will not be required.
- Arcadia Lake nears reopening for summer season
- Professor: Constitutional heritage can bring sense of belonging to U.S. citizens
- Red Cross seeks volunteers to aid in Moore storm recovery
- DA files formal charge in Craigslist sex case
- Oreo stacking contest slated for Crest Foods in Edmond
- State photo-ID databases become troves for police
- City Council approves church remodel
- UCO Endeavor Games athletes qualify for 2014 world championship powerlifting team
- Two UCO rowers named All-American
- The remembrance remains fresh
- Traffic shouldn’t be an issue with upcoming national soccer tournament
- LaFaye takes Pick-A-Partner crown with 135
- UCO overtakes Division II foes for national title
- 2013 US Youth Soccer Region III Championships to bring more than $8 million to Edmond area