- Local News
Sam Powers is the new pastor at 1st United Methodist Church, 305 E. Hurd.
Local church welcomes new pastor
For one of Edmond’s newest pastors, faith and family intersect on a personal level.
Sam Powers, pastor at Edmond 1st United Methodist Church, 305 E. Hurd St., and his family arrived in mid-May and his first Sunday in the pulpit was the second one in June. He and his wife Sheryl Heaton Powers, have two children — Kyla will be an eighth-grader at Cheyenne Middle School and David will be a fifth-grader at John Ross Elementary.
- Keith, 5 others to receive service awards
- Anderson Properties continues to grow
- Logan County pays off jail tax early, seeks new one
- Local man relies on experience in July 4 emergency
- 5-year-old learns valuable lessons
- Edmond School District’s change orders anticipated
- Local church welcomes new pastor
- Wilson, Grissom take on more suitable roles for 2015 season
- Yurcich ready for second season
- Wallar voted National Tennis Coach of the Year finalist
- McKey to compete in North American final
- Former quarterback Bell has pedigree to dominate at tight end for Sooners
- Smith ready to begin the next chapter with Ravens
- Local cops arrest NFL player on marijuana complaint