- What can be done?
- Addiction and Abuse, part two
- Healing, recovery a community effort As reported in Friday’s Edmond Sun, Jim Riley faced a life-changing moment of decision in 1985.
- Recovering addict shares story, hope “John,” 19, grew up in Edmond. He began drinking alcohol at about age 14.
- Parent offers other parents sage advice If parents need advice on how to talk about drugs with their children they can get it from someone who has been there.
- The 'hidden' addiction Whether it is betting on horses at a race track, playing slot machines at a casino or playing a hand of Texas Hold ’Em, there is a corresponding element of chance that gives many gamblers a “rush.”
No control for drug users
If you think you can control drug use, think again.
Mental health experts say drugs can control anyone.
- NFL star found fame on field, alcohol and painkillers off On a fateful day in 1985, Jim Riley realized how many people had been hurt by his behavior. He was the subject of an intervention.
- State spends $56 million for 2008 treatment If you have a family member or a friend needing treatment for drug addiction you may be wondering what a state-operated facility is like.
- Where to go for help State, local drug and substance abuse information
- More Addiction Headlines