Special to The Sun
“Crazy for You,” comes to the Edmond North High School stage March 7-9 at North High School. All performances are at 7 p.m.
North students Rachel Thompson and Jack Boyd play the lead roles in Ken Ludwig’s 1992 adaptation of George and Ira Gershwin’s 1930 musical comedy “Girl Crazy.”
Tickets are $10 for adults, and $7 for seniors and children and students. Tickets may be ordered ahead of time by going to www.enhsdrama.com and mailing a payment in. There is no reserved seating and all tickets are general admission.
The plot concerns Bobby Child played by Jack Boyd, the son of a prominent East Coast banker. Though he’d rather be a song-and-dance man, Bobby is forced to enter the family business and his first assignment is to foreclose on the Gaiety Theater in Deadrock, Ariz. But when he falls in love with Polly Baker, played by Rachel Thomson, daughter of the Gaiety’s owner, Bobby dedicates himself to saving the theater.
And how does any self-respecting musical comedy hero accomplish this task? He stages a fabulous show with Bobby himself in the lead. The plot is a mere peg upon which to hang some of the Gershwins best-loved songs, including “Embracable You,” “Bidin’ My Time” and “I Got Rhythm.”
Other cast members include:
• Tess played by Catelin Belcik
• Patsy played by Camryn McPherson
• Irene Roth played by Kennedy Porter
• Lottie Child played by Payton Hartwick
• Bela Zangler played by Ryan Merkley
• Lank Hawkins played by Nick Sandini
• Everett Baker played by Grant McGee
• Eugene Fodor played by Elix Poe
• Patricia Fodor played by Sara Raines
• Perkins played by Joseph Mann
• Mitzi played by Sonnet Lamb
• Elaine played by Carolyn Grundman
• Louise played by Hannah Arstingstall
• Susie played by Reagan Adams
• Betsy played by Madeline Kimball
• Margie played by Avery Lynch
• Sheila played by Sierrah Simpkins
• Vera played by Lacey Willams
• Lisa played by Juliana Imel
• Becky played by Lauren Branum
• Moose played by Pierce Bryant
• Mingo played by Alex Buchanon
• Sam played by Ethan Fisher
• Pete played by Zavier Ramsey
• Jimmy played by Jayzen Boger
• Billy played by Dakota Murray
• Wyatt played by Jacob Coker
• Junior played by Matthew Strait
• Custus played by Joseph Mann
• Harry played by Austin Smith
• Duke played by Marshall Carver
• Henry portrayed by Asher Van Meter
Pink Fluffies are portrayed by Camryn McPherson, Catelin Belcik, Madeline Kimball, Carolyn Grundman, Hannah Arstingstall and Reagan Adams.
North director Jena Nelson has toured professionally across the country as an actor and director. She has served as a casting director for commercials, models, independent films and major motion pictures, including the Academy Award winning “Ray.” Upon moving back to Oklahoma, she has been the production coordinator for Broadway Tonight’s Carousel in Concert starring Shirley Jones and Patrick Cassidy.
FOR MORE information, go to www.enhsdrama.com.