By the Numbers
According to the state treasurer’s office, here are some facts about 2013 revenue collections:
• Gross income taxes generated $4.11 billion for the year, reflecting an increase of $148.06 million or 3.7 percent from the prior calendar year.
• Personal income tax collections total $3.528 billion, up by $157.42 million or 4.7 percent from 2012. Corporate collections are $579.62 million for the period, a decrease of $9.36 million or 1.6 percent over the previous year.
• Sales taxes for the period generated $4.267 billion, an increase of $91.84 million or 2.2 percent from the prior 12-months.
• Oil and gas gross production tax collections brought in $795.5 million during the 12 months, up by $67.46 million or 9.3 percent from the previous period.
• Motor vehicle collections total $723.93 million for the period. This is an increase of $22.04 million or 3.1 percent from the trailing 12 months.
• Other sources generated $1.552 billion, up $29.78 million or 2 percent from the previous calendar year.