Special to The Sun
Few things bring people together like a flavorful, homemade meal, and meals cooked at home are often more healthy and cost-effective. To help home cooks find wholesome dinner ideas amid busy fall schedules, McCormick used Google data to find the top 10 most-searched family dinner recipe terms and matched them with simple and flavorful recipes developed by its kitchens. Together with McCormick’s all-natural herbs and spices and easy-to-use recipe mixes, making anything from tacos to pork hops is easy any night of the week.
The top 10 dinner recipe searches and matching recipes selected from McCormick.com are:
1. Chicken – Serve herb chicken skillet with spinach and tomatoes over pasta.
2. Chili - Try chicken chili with black beans & corn.
3. Meat Loaf – Italian meat loaf is extra savory.
4. Lasagna – Lasagna formaggio is a family favorite.
5. Pork Chops – Tender home style pork chops require just a few ingredients.
6. Salmon – Try baked crusted salmon if you’re in the mood for fish.
7. Meatballs – Herbed turkey meatballs & spaghetti are packed with flavor.
8. Ground Beef – Taco casserole is a southwestern recipe everyone will love.
9. Tilapia – Try these easy-to-make baja fish tacos.
10. Shrimp – You’ll love this lemony garlic butter shrimp scampi.
Home cooks can find more dinnertime inspiration with McCormick FlavorPrint, a new, free online tool rooted in more than 120 years of flavor expertise.
By analyzing user feedback to core flavor questions developed by McCormick sensory scientists, it identifies an individual’s unique flavor “fingerprint” — or FlavorPrint. The FlavorPrint is then matched to flavors in thousands of dishes to recommend recipes the user will love — even if they don’t know it yet.
“With FlavorPrint, trying a new recipe isn’t a guessing game — you know you’re going to like it before you even make it,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of McCormick. “It’s extremely intuitive, considering things like the flavors you love, ingredients you have on hand, preparation time, seasonality and degree of difficulty. Based on your unique FlavorPrint, you may get Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, while another person may get Tuscan Pasta. It’s completely personalized to you.”
Accessible at McCormick.com on Smartphones, tablets and home computers, FlavorPrint can be used anywhere, from the kitchen to the grocery store.
And, the more it’s used, the smarter it becomes, further tailoring its recipe recommendations.
For more everyday dinner recipes and to find your FlavorPrint, visit www.McCormick.com, www.Facebook.com/McCormickSpice or join McCormick on Pinterest at www.Pinterest.com/mccormickspices. Look for McCormick Spices in the spice aisle of supermarkets and mass merchandisers nationwide.