Special to The Sun
Spread holiday cheer by making a gingerbread house this year. The Edmond Historical Society & Museum invites residents to enter into the fifth annual Gingerbread House Contest at 2 p.m. Dec. 14. Ages 5 and older are welcome to participate.
Gingerbread House Contest Rules:
• Ages 5-11, Ages 12-17, 18 and older
• Must be made out of edible materials
• Placed on 18-inch by 18-inch or smaller board
• No gingerbread kits (but you may use graham crackers)
• Participation is free, pre-registration is required
• Bring gingerbread house to the Edmond Historical Society & Museum between the dates of Dec. 10-13.
Judges will present first, second and third place awards in each age category. Judges will be looking for:
• Uses of materials
Registration deadline is Dec. 10. For more information visit EdmondHistory.org or email Christine Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the contest, the afternoon will include a holiday craft with a real 1889 Homesteader. Visitors not participating in the contest are welcome to attend and partake in the activities. Entries that are not pre-registered will not be accepted. Gingerbread houses must be brought to 431 S. Boulevard, Edmond, OK 73034 between Dec. 10-13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Contest judging will be at 2 p.m. Dec. 14. The Edmond Historical Society & Museum is at 431 S. Boulevard. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 1-4 p.m. Saturday.