Special to The Sun
SPARKS, Md. —
After waiting so long to taste the distinctive flavors that make the holiday season so special, McCormick, a global leader in flavor, is here to make sure each moment is filled with them – every day leading up to Thanksgiving and every day after. With simple tips from the McCormick Kitchens on enjoying the season’s top seven flavors — pumpkin spice, ginger, vanilla, peppermint, sage, cinnamon and nutmeg — everything from breakfast to dessert can have the best holiday taste.
Seasonal Seven Flavors for moments big and small
Think of every meal as an opportunity to include holiday tastes:
• Breakfast — Top your morning bagel with a Pumpkin Spice Spread by adding pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and brown sugar to store-bought cream cheese. When you’re hosting a brunch, serve a Cheesy Bacon and Egg Casserole.
• Lunch — Stir cranberry and ginger into mayo for a tasty sandwich spread any day of the week. For a special weekend lunch, use leftovers to make an Ultimate Leftover Turkey Panini or Sage and Turkey Pot Pie Soup.
• Dinner — Give ordinary green beans or broccoli a festive twist by topping them with Savory Sage Butter. For Thanksgiving, try Butternut Squash Soup with ginger and nutmeg as a delicious starter. Then, serve Savory Herb Rub Roasted Turkey with Classic Herb Stuffing and Apple Sage Turkey Gravy.
• Dessert — Top everyday desserts like ice cream and brownies with whipped cream in a variety of flavors — including Candy Cane, Cocoa Cinnamon or Eggnog — and swirl in red food color for a festive accent. If you’re entertaining, try Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie, a twist on a traditional pecan pie with smooth layers of rich chocolate and cinnamon.
• Drinks — Warm up from the cold with Pumpkin Spiced Coffee, or melt Peppermint White Hot Chocolate on a Stick into warm milk for a seasonal hot chocolate you can enjoy anywhere. For a signature holiday drink to kick off your party, try a Peppermint Paddy Martini.
Visit McCormick.com, www.Facebook.com/McCormickSpice and www.Pinterest.com/mccormickspices for simple ideas that will inspire you to make sure each moment is filled with seasonal flavor. Look for McCormick Spices in the spice aisle of supermarkets and mass merchandisers throughout the nation.