By Kristine Meggenberg
Special to The Sun
The following events are available in the metro area in honor of the upcoming Easter observance:
• 1 p.m. March 23 — Quartz Mountain Resort Arts and Conference Center at 22469 Lodge Road, Lone Wolf, Okla., 73655 is having its 11th Annual Easter Egg Hunt. Five thousand Easter eggs will be available for children of all ages to hunt in their courtyard. Participants also can get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny.
• 2:30-4:30 p.m. March 24 — New Covenant UMC at 2700 S. Boulevard wants you to hop over to their Easter Eggstravaganza. The event will feature an Easter carnival including a petting zoo, photo booth, face painting, bounce house, games, the Easter Bunny, an egg hunt and more.
• 6:30 p.m. March 26 — Bouncin’ Craze at 14901 N. Lincoln Blvd. will be having an Easter Egg Hunt, cookie decorating and bouncing. Tickets are $7.50 per child.
• 10:30 a.m. March 30 — The Myriad Gardens at 301 W. Reno Ave. in Oklahoma City will have an Easter Egg Hunt that will feature activities and crafts, an egg hunt with prizes, a treat station and visits from the Garden Easter Bunny. Children will get to plant a seed to take home. Ages 2-5 will begin at 10:30 a.m. and ages 6-10 will begin at 11:15 a.m.
• 11 a.m. March 30 — Saint Marks Lutheran Church at 1501 N. Bryant Ave. will have an egg hunt and Easter crafts for children of all ages. From 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. a free BBQ, hot dog and hamburger lunch will be provided. At 12:15 p.m. everyone will gather to kick off the Easter Egg Hunt. There will be a limit of 12 eggs per child. For more information, contact Shelia Rudat, director of Christian education, at 340-0192 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 1-3 p.m. March 30 — The UCO chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha and Student Association will have an Easter egg hunt and carnival featuring egg hunts for children age 3 and under, age 4-5, age 6-7, age 8-9 and age 10 and older in UCO’s Plunkett Park. There also will be 17 carnival booths featuring Bean the Bunny, musical chairs, a lollipop tree, miniature golf, face painting, bowling, soccer, basketball and more. All activities are free. The event also will offer games for all ages with free raffle prizes for children and free food and drinks for everyone. Bring an Easter basket and a camera for pictures with the Easter Bunny. For a map of UCO’s campus, visit www.uco.edu and click “Campus Map.”
• 1-3 p.m. March 31 — Come on, the “egg”citement is calling! The Oklahoma City Zoo will have HOPabaloo on Easter Sunday. Make plans to have brunch with the Easter Bunny in the zoo’s education classroom. Children attending the brunch will receive coupons to participate in the Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles. The egg hunt is for children 5 and under, 1:30 p.m. (2 years old), 2 p.m. (3 years old), 2:30 p.m. (4 years old) and 2:45 p.m. (5 years old). Children should bring their own Easter basket or bucket to collect eggs. Egg Scramblers are limited to 100 children per hunt. Parents may pick up tickets for the egg scrambles beginning at noon in the Children’s Zoo.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 31 — The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum will be having a lovely Easter Brunch buffet hosted by the Museum’s Dining on Persimmon Hill restaurant at Sam Noble Special Events Center at 1700 N.E. 63rd St. in Oklahoma City. Guests also may view the museum galleries, special temporary exhibits on display at Easter and beautiful gardens from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The $21.98 brunch includes museum admission. Reservations are appreciated and can be made at 478-2250, ext. 281. Leave a message if staff does not answer. Visit www.nationalcowboymuseum.org for more information.
• Through Easter — At Quail Springs Mall, 2501 W. Memorial Road, the Easter bunny will be available to chitchat and take photos at center court between Macy’s and JC Penney. Photo packages are available. The Easter bunny will take periodic breaks throughout the day. Visit www.quailspringsmall.com or call 755-6530 for times and an early bird discount deal.