What to see and do in the Edmond area on Wednesday, Oct. 24:
• USTRC Shootout Championship Team Roping will take place through Oct. 26 at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie. For more information, call 282-7433 or visit lazye.com.
• The Pollard Theatre will present “The 39 Steps,” through Oct. 27. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit thepollard.org.
• “Night of Grand Guignol” will be performed Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 27 at Reduxion Theatre, 1613 N. Broadway in Oklahoma City. Gory special effects, violence, sexy and titillating antics are to be expected. The Friday show is different from the Saturday show. Seating is limited and the show is not recommended for patrons 17 and younger. Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for students, seniors and military. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 651-3191 or visit reduxiontheatre.com.
• The Jewel Box Theatre will present “One-Acts” through Oct. 28. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit jewelboxtheatre.org.
• “One Step Closer: An Exhibition of Work from the Semi-Professional Student Studios in the Department of Design” will be on display through Nov. 8 in the Donna Nigh Gallery on the fourth floor of the Nigh University Center on the campus of the University of Central Oklahoma. For more information, visit uco.edu/cfad.
• “Echoes and Rituals: The Artwork of Robert Taylor and Harvey Pratt” will be on display through Feb. 9 at Science Museum Oklahoma. For more information, visit sciencemuseumok.org.
• The Myriad Botanical Gardens will present “Pumpkinville in the Children’s Garden” through Oct. 31. Admission is free for member adults and children, $5 for nonmember adults and children. There is no fee for adults supervising children. For more information, visit myriadgardens.org.
• The Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch will be open Thursdays through Saturdays through the first weekend in November. Admission is $8 cash only and includes a pumpkin. Additional pumpkins will be available for purchase. For more information, visit parkhurstpumpkinpatch.com.
• Frontier City will present FrightFest on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 28. Participants bringing 2 non-perishable food items will be admitted for $22.99 plus tax. For more information, visit frontiercity.com.
• Guthrie Haunts Scaregrounds, 4524 Riverside Circle, Guthrie, 73044, is just north of Guthrie High School and the Cimarron River Bridge along Highway 77 at the old “Harvey’s Steakhouse Building.” This annual Haunted House attraction will be open from 7 p.m. to midnight every Friday and Saturday of October and Halloween night. Admission is $12. For more information, guthriehauntsscaregrounds.webs.com.
• The annual Storybook Forest at Arcadia Lake’s Spring Creek Park will be open nightly from 5:30-8:30 p.m. through Oct. 31. Includes a hay ride and an opportunity to roast marshmallows by a camp fire.
• Oklahoma River Cruises will present Haunt the River beginning at 8 p.m. through Oct. 27. Cost is $35 per adult and reservations are required. For more information, visit okrivercruises.com.
• Lyric Theatre will present “The Mystery of Irma Vep” at the Plaza through Oct. 27. For more information and show times, call 524-9312 or visit lyrictheatreokc.com.