6 Goals of the Veterans First Fund:
• Raising money as well as awareness for veteran needs that may not be answered through lack of specific services.
• Serving as a monetary bridge between annual stand downs that assist homeless or needy veterans.
• Providing additional funding for women’s resources within the VA facilities. (Clothing or day care for workforce entry or educational transitioning.)
• Providing short-term sponsorship of homeless veterans.
• Assisting caregivers’ support groups.
• Meeting other needs identified by facility professionals.
DAR Since 1890
• 170,000 Members
• 3,000 Chapters in all 50 States
• International Chapters in 13 Countries
• Strong supporter of veterans
• $1.5 million given in last year to veterans
• On-going focus in supporting veterans by Oklahoma Society DAR