EDMOND — This listing is for events in and around Edmond for Saturday, Oct. 6:
• Auditions for Edmond’s Got Talent will take place from 9 a.m. to noon at the Fine Arts Institute of Edmond, 27 E. Edwards. For more information, call 340-4481 or visit edmondfinearts.com.
• The Oklahoma City Philharmonic will present “Songs of Land and Sea,” beginning at 8 p.m. in the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre at the OKC Civic Center Music Hall. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit okcciviccenter.com.
• The Myriad Botanical Gardens will present “Tea Time at the Gardens” at 1 p.m. Enjoy unique herbal teas and homemade scones while learning about herbal teas. Then learn how to make your own special mix from freshly picked ingredients as well as exotic dried herbs. Make at least a dozen tea bags to take home. Cost is $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers. For more information, visit myriadgardens.org.
• The Edmond Library will present “Perpetual Motion: For the Love of the Dance” at 2 p.m. For more information, visit metrolibrary.org.
• The National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Museum will present “Felting” from 10 a.m. to noon as part of the Saturdays For Kids Series. Turn a rainbow of pure wool fibers into felt with soap, water and a bit of rubbing. The event is free for children 4-12. Reservations are requested by noon on Oct. 5. Children must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, or for reservations, call 478-2250, ext. 264.
• The Soka Gakkai International-USA Oklahoma Buddhist Center, will present a grand opening from 1-4 p.m. at 817 N.W. 12th St. in Oklahoma City. The SGI-USA buddhist community works toward peace, culture and education within the region of Oklahoma City and the state of Oklahoma. The region includes the greater Oklahoma City metropolitan area with Norman, Moore, and Edmond as well as Tulsa and Lawton. For more information, visit www.sgi-usa.org.
• The Lazy E Tri K Winter Barrel Blast will take place through Oct. 7 at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie. For more information, call 282-7433 or visit lazye.com.
• The Oklahoma High School Dance Festival featuring UCO’s Kaleidoscope Dancers will begin at 7:30 p.m. and run through Oct. 6 at the Nancy O’Brian Center for the Performing Arts in Norman. For more information, visit uco.edu/cfad.
• The Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch will be open Thursdays through Saturdays through the first weekend in November. Admission is $8 cash only and includes a pumpkin. Additional pumpkins will be available for purchase. For more information, visit parkhurstpumpkinpatch.com.
• “Linedrives and Lipstick: the Untold Story of Women’s Baseball will be on exhibit through Oct. 20 at the Edmond Historical Society, 431 S. Boulevard. The exhibit is free. For more information, call 340-0078 or visit edmondhistory.org.
TO ADD your events to the Community Calendar, email them to email@example.com.