EDMOND — Editor’s note: This is a chronological working list. If you’d like to have your event listed, email the information to Mark Schlachtenhaufen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 341-2121 ext. 108. Available space and local interest will determine if it will be published.
• 4 p.m. March 31 — The public is invited to an Easter Egg-Stravaganza at Acts 2 United Methodist Church, 4848 W Covell Rd. Bring your friends. Hunt for candy-filled eggs, have a silly photo taken, meet the Easter Bunny, make a craft, have a snack, and JUMP! The church will have several bounce houses — slide, shoot some hoops or climb a rock wall. For more information, e-mail Chantelle Foster at email@example.com or call 359-2287.
• 6-8:30 p.m. April 3 — Passover Seder, First Presbyterian Church of Edmond, 1001 S. Rankin St., six blocks south of UCO. Experience the Passover Seder as it reveals Jesus. The event, which includes a light dinner, will be led by Messianic Rabbi Edwin Farrar and his wife Cari. Cost is $10 per person with a family cap of $30. Per young children the service will last about two hours. Seating is limited. Childcare will be provided by reservation only. First Presbyterian also invites the public to attend its Easter services at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. To register for the Passover meal and service, visit www.fpcedmond.org and click on “community” and “upcoming events” or call Ann Ozan Willis at 401-9318.
• 4 p.m. April 3 — Bouncin Craze, 14901 N. Lincoln, Edmond. Easter egg hunt, bouncing and other activities. Bring your basket; $7.50 per child. For more information, visit www.bouncincraze.com or call 607-2020.
• April 5-7 — “Hoppy” Easter special with live bunnies at Taylor Made Photography, 1130 W. 15th St. Call 341-5088 for an appointment.
• 2 p.m. April 8 — POPS, 660 W. Highway 66 in Arcadia (just east of Edmond) will be hopping on Easter when the Easter Bunny pays a visit while children hunt for thousands of eggs in the fifth annual POPS Easter Egg Hunt. Face painting and great POPS prizes. 928-7677. route66.com.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 8 — National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum’s 12th annual Easter brunch hosted by Dining on Persimmon Hill. Buffet and seating in the Sam Noble Special Events Center. Guests may also view the museum galleries, special temporary exhibits on display at Easter and beautiful gardens from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The $21.98 brunch includes museum admission. Reservations are appreciated and can be made at 478-2250 Ext. 281. Leave a message if staff does not answer. Visit www.nationalcowboymuseum.org for more information.
• April 8 — bounce, jump or hop to the Oklahoma City Zoo for the zoo’s annual Easter brunch and HOPabaloo. Participants may choose to eat at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. and children age 5 and under who attend the brunch will be automatically signed up for the Tiny Tot Egg Hunt. Brunch will be in the education building at the east end of the zoo’s parking lot. Cost for the brunch is $17 for adults and $12 for children ages 3-11 and seniors age 65 and older. Children age 2 and under eat free. Brunch includes zoo admission for the day. ZooFriends members and military receive 10 percent off their brunch total. Tickets must be purchased in advance online at okczoo.com, click “Buy Tickets” in the top right corner, then “Admissions.” Tiny Tot Egg Scrambles (Children’s Zoo/Grassy Meadow) for children 5 and under are based on a first-come, first-serve basis and include free eggs with candy and prizes. Children should bring their own Easter basket or bucket to collect eggs. Egg scrambles are limited to 100 children per hunt. Parents may pick up tickets for the egg scrambles beginning at noon in the Children’s Zoo. Egg scramble times are: 1:30 p.m. (2 years old and under), 2 p.m. (3-year-olds), 2:30 p.m. (4-year-olds) and 2:45 p.m. (5-year-olds).
• 1-3 p.m. April 16 — The UCO chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha and Student Association will host an Easter egg hunt and carnival featuring egg hunts for children age 3 and under, age 4-5, age 6-7, age 8-9 and age 10 and older in UCO’s Plunkett Park. There also will be 17 carnival booths featuring Bean the Bunny, musical chairs, a lollipop tree, miniature golf, face painting, bowling, soccer, basketball and more. All activities are free. The event also will offer games for all ages with free raffle prizes for children and free food and drinks for everyone. Bring an Easter basket and a camera for pictures with the Easter Bunny. For a map of UCO’s campus, visit www.uco.edu and click “Campus Map.”
• Through Easter — At Quail Springs Mall, 2501 W. Memorial Rd., the Easter bunny will be hopping in for visits and photos at center court between Macy’s and JC Penney. Photo packages are available. The Easter bunny will take periodic breaks throughout the day. Visit www.quailspringsmall.com or call 755-6530 for times and an early bird discount deal.