Board creates architect selection committee
In other business during Monday night’s Edmond school board meeting, Goin recommended five individuals to serve on the Architect Selection Advisory Committee for elementary school No. 17.
Board members Jamie Underwood, George Cohlmia, Kemp Cole, Lee Ann Kuhlman and Kathleen Duncan voted 5-0 to accept the committee members.
Individuals recommended include:
• David Stapleton, director of architectural services, University of Central Oklahoma;
• Steven Manek, civil engineer and director of engineering for the City of Edmond;
• Roger Brown, assistant superintendent of administration, Norman Public Schools;
• Ruthie Riggs, principal, John Ross Elementary School, Edmond Public Schools; and
• Bret Towne, associate superintendent of operations.
“This is the second year we have had a committee to choose an architect for new construction,” Towne said. “This is an important committee and it is important to pick the very best architect we can for the new elementary school No. 17.”
firstname.lastname@example.org | 341-2121