Special to The Sun
The University of Central Oklahoma recently honored the talents and achievements of its top student leaders during the university’s annual Campus Leadership Awards ceremony.
“UCO’s Campus Leadership Awards are a celebration of the outstanding leadership displayed by our students and student organizations. The theme this year was ‘Anchored in Leadership’ as these students and organizations have continuously displayed their commitment to this university, their peers and their organizations,” said Nicole Doherty, coordinator of student organizations at Central.
“Through their hard work and leadership, it is easy to see how fortunate we are to have a campus full of students who are actively engaged in making Central a better place.”
The student recipients for the 2013-14 Campus Leadership Awards, followed by hometown, are:
• Broncho Spirit Award: Michaela Kohler, Edmond,
• Outstanding Commitment to Service: Christopher Dowling, Alva,
• Outstanding Commitment to Diversity: Vincent Burr, Edmond,
• Spirit of Student Affairs: Rachael Odor, Edmond,
• Top Central Man: Tyler Mette, Marietta and
• Top Central Woman: Jillian Goodman, Moore.
• Outstanding Freshman Student Leaders: Ethan Wood, Crescent; Denton Cole Scherman, Perry; Katherine Sheehan, Marlow; Rebekah Murphy, Edmond; Mariah Edwards, Wagoner; Sara Anne Riggs, Edmond; Mariah Wagner, Enid; Christen Hickey, Edmond; Brady Sowell, Edmond; and Mackenzie Richardson, Harrah.
• Outstanding Sophomore Student Leaders: McKenzie Hodge, Moore; Kirsten Pierce, Piedmont; Alexis Ridenour, Skiatook; Jernye Werth, Kingston; and Josh Jarrett, Edmond.
• Outstanding Junior Student Leaders: Nela Mrchkovska, Skopje, Macedonia; Blakely Elliott, Edmond; Collin Troester, Edmond; Kalisa Mora, Guymon; Anna Graves, Edmond; and Paul Brown, Waurika.
• Outstanding Senior Student Leaders: Jillian Goodman, Moore; Lindsey Edmonson, Broken Arrow; Morgan Myers, Moore; Kiyana Baird, Choctaw; Illiana Escamilla, Edmond; Sarah Moss, Norman; Jonna Whetsel, Oklahoma City; Rilee Harrison, Sallisaw; Kory Atcuson, Coleman; and Brian Blevins, Pryor Creek.
• Peer Health Leader of the Year: Hannah Van Meter, Edmond,
• Female Intramural Athlete of the Year: Danielle Morgan, Prague,
• Male Intramural Athlete of the Year: Daniel Carr-Holloway, Duncan.
Student organization recipients for the 2013-14 Campus Leadership Awards are:
• Outstanding Commitment to Community Service and Philanthropy: L.A.D.I.E.S. in Pink,
• Outstanding Commitment to Diversity: Student Alliance for Equality,
• Outstanding Student Organization of the Year: Tri Beta Biology Club Healthy Campus Initiative: Tomorrow’s Alcohol and Drug Counselors of America,
• Adviser of the Year, Faculty: Renee Warning,
• Adviser of the Year, Staff: Liliana Renteria,
• Spirit of Student Affairs: Black Student Association
Fraternity and sorority awards for the 2013-14 Campus Leadership Awards are:
• Most Improved Chapter: Alpha Delta Pi,
• Outstanding New Member Education Program: ACACIA,
• Outstanding Community Service and Philanthropic Program: Delta Zeta,
• Outstanding Community Relations: Alpha Delta Pi,
• Outstanding Risk Management Program: Delta Zeta, and
• Fraternity and Sorority Chapter of the Year: Sigma Nu.
For more information about Central and opportunities for student involvement and leadership, visit www.uco.edu.