Oklahoma State University crews are clearing snow from Boone Pickens Stadium to make sure the field and stands are ready for Saturday’s Bedlam Rivalry football game, Associate Athletic Director/Media Relations Gavin Lang said.
No. 6 OSU hosts No. 20 Oklahoma. Kickoff is slated for 11 a.m. Saturday.
OSU crews started removing the snow Friday morning. The process is expected to continue through Friday afternoon.
Crews are using:
• Snow blowers to clear walkways in the stadium.
• Compounds to melt the snow and ice on stadium stairs and walkways.
• Brooms to clear off stadium seats.
• Tractors to clear snow from the field. The snow is being piled into the back of Gators and removed from the stadium.
• Shovels to clear the sidelines and tight spaces in the stands.
• Snow blowers and compounds to melt the snow and ice from the area outside the stadium.
The university is asking fans to be cautious on the way and in the stadium Saturday. Even though the snow and ice is being melted, it is likely to refreeze Friday night.
• Wear shoes with traction and grip.
• Monitor road conditions for your drive to Stillwater.
• Arrive early.