- Sports Opinion
- HARRISON : Edmond softball players are catching on quick Edmond has been known as hot bed for a number of spots including softball. But that reputation on the diamond appeared to have slipped a bit the past couple of seasons. Edmond Santa Fe was the city’s lone representative at the state tournament in 2007, and last fall the area teams were shut out of the ASA Softball Complex.
- SPRUILL: Now that's depressing And people wonder why no one watches the news anymore. Check out these depressing headlines that I browsed today on Yahoo! News.
SPRUIL: Let Vick play
According to a poll released by Angus Ried Strategies, a polling and marketing research firm based out of Canada, almost half of Americans think former Atlanta Falcons star Michael Vick should not be allowed to play in the NFL.
However, a third of NFL fans would like to see Vick play for their team.
- SPRUILL: Big 12 could make some noise in 2009 As good as Oklahoma State has a chance to be this upcoming football season, they still didn’t get one vote as the top team in the Big 12 South Media Preseason Football Poll released last week.
- SPRUILL: There is always hope As Tom Watson walked down the No. 18 fairway at Turnberry during the four-hole playoff, even though The Open had already been decided, I did have my reasons to keep watching.
- Are Cowboys ready to take next step on gridiron? The lights will shine brightly on Stillwater this fall and Mike Holder knows it. The Oklahoma State football team caught the eyes of many after an impressive 2008 campaign, but those expectations have only increased this year for the Cowboys, who boast three potential Heisman candidates and a recently completed Boone Pickens Stadium.
SPRUILL : No need to make votes public
Starting in 2010, ballots in the final regular-season USA Today coaches’ college football poll will be confidential.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Though we will have one more season to enjoy it.
- CORTESE: Young pro baseball prospects An ad caught my eye a few weeks ago in the Edmond Sun newspaper. Edmond All Sports Inc. (EASI) was looking for Umpires for the upcoming youth baseball season.
- CORTESE: Parents are the real role models Was Charles Barkley correct when he said parents should be the true role models for children, rather than those in the limelight?
- SPRUIL: If OSU was winning would Ford still be in hot water? You win games, anything goes. If you lose though, well, that�s a different matter. If you lose, everything gets scrutinized, which is what Oklahoma State basketball coach Travis Ford is learning now.
- More Sports Opinion Headlines