OKLA. CITY —
Authorities have arrested an eighth suspect in a homicide which involved the discovery of a badly burned body along a Logan County road.
On Jan. 31, firefighters were dispatched to a grass fire in a rural area located south of State Highway 33 between Langston and Guthrie, Logan County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Richard Stephens stated in a previous report. While extinguishing the fire, firefighters discovered a badly burned male body, Stephens said.
The body was sent to the state medical examiner’s office, which was unable to immediately determine a cause of death. Due to the extensive burns, the victim was not immediately identified.
On April 1, the victim was identified via dental records as Shawn Luther Masters, 39, whose last known address was in Oklahoma City, OSBI agent Derek White stated in an affidavit of probable cause filed April 2 in Logan County District Court.
White stated a suspect said the victim was still alive when he was put in a trash can, stabbed and strangled. The suspect stated a U-Haul truck was used to transport the victim to a field selected for its brush piles.
Tuesday afternoon, the Logan County Sheriff’s Office and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced the arrest of the suspect in the homicide.
Stephens said the latest arrest, a “dangerous apprehension,” was made with expert assistance from the U.S. Marshal’s Service and the Oklahoma City Police Department Gang Unit.
“It is critical to these cases to make the apprehensions as quickly and safely as possible,” Stephens said.
Stephens said at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday John Richard Worchester, 39, of Oklahoma City, was arrested in the 1500 Block of Douglas Avenue in Oklahoma City. In court records, Worchester has a long list of alias or alternate names including “Ricky Belley,” “John Creeper,” “Brian Lee Mitchell” and “John R. Santallian.”
Stephens said Worchester is the eighth and final outstanding suspect in this investigation.
Worchester was transported to the Oklahoma County jail on a first-degree murder complaint in the death of Shawn Masters. He is being held without bond, according to court records.
Stephens said previously arrested suspects arrested in this case are:
• Jessie James Dalton, 37, of Oklahoma City, who faces a first-degree murder charge. He is being held without bond;
• Tyson Keith Lott, 21, who faces a first-degree murder charge. No address is listed in court records. He is being held without bond;
• Quentin Latroy Goodwin, 30, who faces a first-degree murder charge. No address is listed in court records. He is being held without bond;
• Angel Eva Munoz, 25, of Oklahoma City, who faces charges of first-degree and desecrating a human corpse. She is being held without bond;
• Brandy Katheryn Hanson, 35, who faces charges of first-degree murder and desecrating a human corpse. No address is listed in court records. She is being held without bond;
• Twila Wise, 36, of Shawnee, who faces a desecrating a human corpse charge. She was being held on $500,000 bond; and
• Johnny Dean Snow, 49, who faces a desecrating a human corpse charge. No address is listed in court records. He was being held on $500,000 bond.
No future court dates are scheduled, according to online court records.
email@example.com | 341-2121, ext. 108